I dwelled in wilderness
I swam in a dark sea
I treaded with a blindfold
And got entangled
But I found a rescuer
That gave me dignity
It shielded me from harassment
It protected me from assault
It gave me pride and modesty
I reclaimed my honour
It earned me integrity
And placed me in a class
Only the faithful appreciate belonging
A rare garment
A unique one at that
My Hijab my pride!
They say am old fashioned
They call me a Ninja
They say am uncivilized
They go this is barbaric
I can’t imagine myself in that thing
But I smile with assurance
For that thing is my insurance
And am glad to include it in my dress code
I shun condemnation
And rebuff rebuke
I remain undaunted
I walk with so much conviction
With no iota of doubt
Cos am on the right course
My Hijab my companion
My Hijab, my pride!
Lift The Veil
Lift the Veil ! They say, “Oh poor girl you’re so beautiful you know ! It’s a shame that you, cover-up your beauty so ! ” She just smiles so graciously, responds reassuringly: “This beauty that I have is just a simple part of me.
This body that I have, no stranger has a right to see. These long clothes and shawl I wear, ensure my modesty, Faith is more essential than fashion, Wouldn’t you agree ?
” This hijab – This mark of piety ! Is an act of faith, the symbol, for all the world to see ! A simple cloth, to preserve her dignity !
So lift the veil from your heart, to see the heart of purity ! They tell her girl: “Don’t you know this is the west and you are free ! You don’t need to be oppressed, ashamed of your femininity !
” She just shakes her head and she speaks so assuredly: “See the billboards and the magazines, the lines in the checkout aisles; with their phoney painted faces, and their engrossed smiles.
With their sheer clothes and low-cut gowns they are really not for me ! You call it freedom – And I call it anarchy ! ”
And This hijab – This mark of piety Is an act of faith, the symbol, for all the world to see !
A simple cloth, to preserve her dignity ! So lift the veil from your heart, to see the heart of purity !
A simple cloth, to preserve her dignity ! So lift the veil from your heart, to see the heart of purity ! So lift the veil from your heart and seek the heart of purity !
(This post is mainly directed to my sisters in Islaam)
Beautiful women are not those who appear on magazines or televisions. Beautiful women are those who have modesty, piety, simplicity and to top it all off, confidence.
That being said, one of the best examples are the women of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallaahu Alaihi Wa Sallam’s time. What more can I say?
The more you listen and read about their stories, you will, Inshaa-Allah, feel more connected with Rasulullah Sallallaahu Alaihi Wa Sallam. These women are women who have met our Beloved Prophet Sallallaahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, who have interacted with Him, who were inspired by Him! Mashaa-Allah!
Let’s ask ourselves, sisters.
Do we spend our time reading on the latest gossips about the celebrities or the life of these amazing Muslimah?
Do we spend our money on magazines or Islamic books?
Do we spend our time watching movies or listening to lectures?
Do we spend our time at concerts or Islaamic conferences?
Ask yourself these question sisters.
You know the answer. With that answer, let’s ask ourselves whether we will be able to stand before Allah on the day of Judgement and justify the money and time spend on these things.
Now, let’s reflect whether our love for Islaam is merely superficial or deep.
How much do you know about the female companions of Rasulullah Sallallaahu Alaihi Wa Sallam?
Do you know Kim Kardashian better than Amah Binti Khalid who was the last companion to pass away?
Do you know Selena Gomez better than Hafsa Binti Sirin who memorised the Qur’aan by the age of 12?
Do you know Miley Cyrus better than Fatima Binti Abdul Malik who was born and treated like royalty but sacrifised everything and only ate bread and onion when her husband became a Khalifah?
If you don’t, it’s nothing to be ashamed of because just yesterday, I have never heard of their names before until I heard this amazing lecture called ‘Women Inspired by the beloved’.
Click on this link, http://www.alghurabaa.org/lectures/hesham-awadi/
Every women should listen to the series.
Throw away those magazines, switch off the television, switch off the radio and get on with the deen.
(FYI : Before I threw away all my Seventeen magazine, I’ve calculated that it all cost me $36. What a waste.)
May Allah guide us all and keep us on the right path till our last breath. Aameen!
By a Muslimah
You know the saying, "In every cloud there’s a silver lining." In other words, every bad thing contains within it a small blessing of some kind. This article points out some of the silver linings of being a hijab-wearing Muslim woman in the West.
I was on my way to the grocery store when I came to a busy intersection. Many cars were wanting to turn onto the street that I was crossing. I paused to let a car go because I figured "Maybe he/she is in a hurry; I can wait an extra second or two." But then we ended up doing that little hand-wavy dance:
"No, go ahead."
"No, you go ahead."
"No, no, you go ahead!"
You know what I mean.
So finally I went ahead, and as I was stepping out of the crosswalk onto the curb, the person in the car leaned out the window. I noticed he was a young middle eastern man with a cellular phone. He said to me (over the traffic noise) "Because you are a Muslim!"
Well, that got me thinking. About the pros and cons – and the silver linings – of being a muhajjibah, and of being recognized as a Muslim. I decided to share some of them with you all.
CON: Sometimes people assume that I am a religious person, so they try to get me to feel sorry for them so I’ll give them money.
SILVER LINING: Extra opportunity for barakaat,sadaqat and da’wah.
CON: Strange men yelling "Terrorist!" or "Go to Saudi B*******!" as they drive by in their pickups.
SILVER LINING: Barakaat and reward for the trials those fools put me though. *sob* *sob*
CON: It’s very hard for me to blend in at some places, like the fete’s,shopping mall’s, parks etc people look at me like I don’t belong there, and I feel awkward.
SILVER LINING: I don’t dare enter a bar or nightclub.
CON: I can’t show off my hair.
SILVER LINING: When it rains, I don’t get "the frizzies."
CON: Sometimes I am mistaken for a nun.
SILVER LINING: I get to hear non Muslims refer to me as "sister."
CON: Little kids stare at me rather rudely.
SILVER LINING: I get to startle them by smiling and waving. Then I get to see them smile and wave back, too.
CON: People don’t bother to invite me to their parties.
SILVER LINING: I don’t have to go to people’s parties and therefore saved from so much evil associated with parties!
CON: Sometimes people see me and look away like they are sorry they saw me.
SILVER LINING: Once in a while, I’ll meet a Muslim who maybe isn’t practicing, but is very happy to see me and will say to me, "It makes my heart feel good to meet a good Muslim." (Not that wearing hijab necessarily makes me such a good Muslim, but it’s the thought that counts!)
CON: I need to spend on buying hijabs.
SILVER LINING: I get the opportunity of spending for a noble cause.
CON: It sometimes get HOT under the hijaab
SILVER LINING: Then I am reminded to stay away from sin as the FIRE of Jahannam[Hotter].
CON: I sometimes get feeling that I am "losing out"
SILVER LINING: Then I get a chance to make zikr as I remember the verses of the Quran- Whosoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer, We will give a good life. ) (An-Nahl 16: 97) (And whoever does righteous good deeds, being a male or a female, and is a true believer, such will enter Paradise. ) (An-Nisa 4: 124) (Verily, the Muslims, men and women, the believers, men and women… Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward. ) (Al-Ahzab 33: 35)
Sisters! As regards Hijab its the Commandment of our Lord Allah Ta’ala! In reality there are ONLY SILVER LININGS!
ALLAH will NEVER disappoint you- Act today as we never know if we’ll have a tomorrow to fulfil this Command of our ALLAH!
The honour of a Queen ends with death while the honour of a True Muslimah is eternal… Allah has elevated every Muslimah to a level higher than a “worldly queen” and ordered her to adorn herself with the Noble Crown [Hijab] right in this world! Why would one hesitate to wear the Noble Crown???…here follows some of the major excuses for not adorning hijab and some practical answers to these excuses.
* REASONS FOR NOT DONNING HIJAB AND SOME PRACTICAL ANSWERS
I’m not yet convinced of the necessity of the Hijab… We then ask this sister two questions. 1. Is she truly convinced of the correctness of the religion of Islam? The natural answer is: Yes, she is convinced for she responds “La ilaha illallah!” (There is no god but Allah), meaning she is convinced of the aqidah, and then she says: “Muhammadur rasulullah!” (Muhammad [SAW] is the Messenger of Allah), meaning by that that she is convinced of its legislation or law (shari’ah). Therefore, she is convinced of Islam as a belief system and a law by which one governs and rules their life. 2. Is the hijab then a part of Islamic Law (shari’ah) and an obligation? If this sister is honest and sincere in her intention and has looked into the issue as one who truly wants to know the truth her answer could only be: Yes. For Allah ta’ala, Whose deity (Uluhiyyah) she believes in has commanded wearing hijab in His Book (Al-Qur’an) and the Noble Prophet (‘alaihi salat wa salam) whose message she believes in has commanded wearing the hijab in his sunnah. What do we call a person who says they believe in and are content with the correctness of Islam but who nonetheless does not do what Allah or His Messenger have ordered? Certainly they can in no way be described as those whom Allah speaks of in this ayah: The only saying of the faithful believers when they are called to Allah and His Messenger to judge between them is that they say ‘we hear and obey’ and such are the successful. [Soorah An-Noor 24:51] In summary: If this sister is convinced of Islam, how then can she not be convinced of its orders?
* 2. I am convinced of the Islamic dress but my mother prevents me from wearing it and if I disobey her I will go to Hell… The one who has answered this excuse is the most noble of Allah’s creation, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) in concise and comprehensive words of wisdom: There is no obedience to the created in the disobedience of Allah.[Ahmed] The status of parents in Islam, especially the mother, is a high and elevated one. Indeed Allah ta’ala has combined it with the greatest of matters, worshipping Him and His tawheed, in many ayat. He stated: Worship Allah and join none with Him and do good to parents.[Soorah An-Nisa 4:36] Obedience to parents is not limited except in one aspect, and that is if they order to disobedience of Allah. Allah said: But if they strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not.[Soorah Luqman 31:15] The lack of obedience to them in sinfulness does not prevent being good to them and kind treatment of them. Allah said afterward in the same ayah: But behave with them in the world kindly. In summary: How can you obey your mother and disobey Allah Who created you and your mother?
* 3. My position does not allow me to substitute my dress for the Islamic dress… This sister is either one or the other of two types: She is sincere and honest, or she is a slippery liar who desires to make a showy display of her “hijab” clamouring with colours to be “in line with the times” and expensive. We will begin with an answer to the honest and sincere sister. Are you unaware my dear sister, that it is not permissible for the Muslim woman to leave her home in any instance unless her clothing meets the conditions of Islamic hijab (Hijab shar’ee) and it is a duty of every Muslim woman to know what they are? If you have taken the time and effort to learn so many matters of this world how then can you be neglectful of learning those matters which will save you from the punishment of Allah and His anger after death!!? Does Allah not say: Ask the people of remembrance (i.e. knowledgeable scholars) if you do not know. [Soorah An-Nahl 16:43]. Learn, therefore, the requirements of proper hijab. If you must go out, then do not do so without the correct hijab, seeking the pleasure of Allah and the degradation of Shaitan. That is because the corruption brought about by your going out adorned and “beautified” is far greater than the matter which you deem necessary to go out for. My dear sister if you are really truthful in your intention and correctly determined you will find a thousands hands of good assisting you and Allah will make the matter easy for you! Is He not the One Who says:And whoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) and He will provide him from sources he never could imagine[Soorah At-Talaq 65:2-3]? With regards to the ‘slippery’ one we say: Honour and position is something determined by Allah ta’ala and it is not due to embellishment of clothing and show of colors and keeping up with the trendsetters. It is rather due to obedience to Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) and holding to the pure law of Allah and correct Islamic hijab. Listen to the words of Allah: Indeed, the most honourable amongst you are those who are the most pious. [Soorah Al-Hujurat 49:35] In summary: Do things in the way of seeking Allah’s pleasure and entering His Jannah and give less value to the high priced and costly objects and wealth of this world.
* 4. It is so hot in my country and I can’t stand it. How will it be if I wore Hijab… Allah gives an example by saying: Say: The Fire of Hell is more intense in heat if they only understand. [Soorah At-Taubah 9:81] How can you compare the heat of your land to the heat of the Hellfire? Know, my sister, that Shaitan has trapped you in one of his feeble ropes to drag you from the heat of this world to the heat of the Hellfire. Free yourself from his net and view the heat of the sun as a favor and not an affliction especially in that it reminds you of the intensity of the punishment of Allah which is many times greater than the heat you now feel. Return to the order of Allah and sacrifice this worldly comfort in the way of following the path of salvation from the Hellfire about which Allah says: They will neither feel coolness nor have any drink except that of boiling water and the discharge of dirty wounds.[Soorah An-Naba’ 78:24-25] In summary: The Jannah is surrounded by hardships and toil, while Hellfire is surrounded by temptations, lusts and desires.
* 5. I’m afraid that if I wear the Hijab,I will put it off at a later time because I have seen so many others do so…. To her I say: If everyone was to apply your logic then they would have left the Deen in its entirety! They would have left off salat because some would be afraid of leaving it later. They would have left fasting in Ramadhan because so many are afraid of not doing it later. etc. Haven’t you seen how Shaitan has trapped you in his snare again and blocked you from guidance? Allah ta’ala loves continuous obedience even if it be small or recommended. How about something that is an absolute obligation like wearing hijab?! The prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: The most beloved deed with Allah is the consistent one though it be little. Why haven’t you sought out the causes leading those people to leave off the hijab so that you can avoid them and work to keep away from them? Why haven’t you sought out reasons and causes to affirm truth and guidance until you can hold firm to them? Among these causes is much supplication to Allah (du’a) to make the heart firm upon the Deen as did the prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam). Also is making salat and having mindfulness of it as Allah stated:And seek helpin patience and the prayer and truly it is extremely heavy except for the true believers in Allah who obey Allah with full submission and believe in His promise of Jannah and in His warnings (Al-Khashi’oon).[Soorah Al-Baqarah 2:45] Other causes to put one upon guidance and truth is adherence to the laws of Islam and one of them is indeed wearing the hijab. Allah said: If they had done what they were told, it would have been better for them and would have strengthened their faith. [Soorah Al-Baqarah 2:66] In summary: If you hold tight to the causes of guidance and taste the sweetness of faith you will not neglect the orders of Allah after having held to them.
* 6. If I wear the Hijab, then no one will marry me. So, I’m going to put it off till then… Any husband, who desires that you be uncovered and adorned in public in defiance of and in disobedience to Allah, is not a worthy husband in the first place. He is a husband who has no feeling to protect what Allah has made inviolable, most notably yourself, and he will not help you in any way to enter Al-Jannah or escape from the Hellfire. A home which is founded upon disobedience to Allah and provocation of His anger is fitting that He decree misery and hardship for it in this life and in the Hereafter. As Allah stated: But whosoever turns away from My reminder (i.e. neither believes in the Qur’an nor acts upon its teachings) verily for him is a life of hardship and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection. [Soorah Ta Ha 20:124] Marriage is a favour and blessing from Allah to whom He give whom He wills. How many women who wear hijab (mutahajibah) are in fact married while many who don’t aren’t? If you were to say that ‘..my being made-up and uncovered is a means to reach a pure end, namely marriage’, a pure goal or end is not attained through impure and corrupt means in Islam. If the goal is honourable then it must necessarily be achieved by pure and clean method. We say the rule in Islam is: The means are according to the rules of the intended goals. In summary: There is no blessing in a marriage established upon sinfulness and corruption.
* 7. I don’t wear hijab based on what Allah says: And proclaim the grace of your Rabb [Soorah Ad-Dhuha 93:11] How can I cover what Allah has blessed me with of silky soft hair and captivating beauty? So, this sister of ours adheres to the Book of Allah and its commands as long as they coincide with her personal desires and understanding! She leaves behind those matters when they don’t please her. If this was not the case, then why doesn’t she follow the ayah: And do not show off their adornment except only that which is apparent[Soorah An-Noor 24:31] and the statement of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala: Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks all over their bodies [Soorah Al-Ahzab 33:59]? With this statement my sister you have now made a shari’ah (law) for yourself of what Allah ta’ala has strictly forbidden, namely beautification (at-tabarruj) and uncovering (as-sufur), and the reason: Your lack of wanting to adhere to the order. The greatest blessing or favor that Allah has bestowed upon us is that of Iman (faith) and hidayah (guidance) and among them is the Islamic hijab. Why then do you not manifest and talk about this greatest of blessings given to you? In summary: Is there a greater blessing and favor upon the woman than guidance and hijab?
* 8. I know that hijab is obligatory (wajib), but I will wear it when Allah guides me to do so… We ask this sister on what plans or steps she will undertake until she accepts this divine guidance? We know that Allah has in His wisdom made a cause or means for everything. That is why the sick take medicine to regain health, and the traveler rides a vehicle or an animal to reach his destination, and other limitless examples. Has this sister of ours seriously endeavoured to seek true guidance and exerted the proper means to get it such as: Supplicating Allah sincerely as He stated: Guide us to the Straight Path. [Soorah Al-Fatihah 1:6]; Keeping company with the righteous good sisters – for they are among the best to assist her to guidance and to continue to point her to it until Allah guides her and increases her guidance and inspires her to further guidance and taqwa. She would then adhere to the orders of Allah and wear the hijab that the believing women are commanded to wear. In summary: If this sister was really serious about seeking guidance she would have exerted herself by the proper means to get it.
* 9. It’s not time for that yet. I’m still too young for wearing hijab. I’ll do it when I get older and after I make Hajj! The Angel of Death, my sister, is visiting and waiting at your door for the order of Allah Ta’ala to open it on you at any moment in your life. Allah said: When their term comes, neither can they delay it nor can they advance it and hour (or a moment). [Soorah Al-An’am 7:34]. Death my sister doesn’t discriminate between the young or the old and it may come while you are in this state of great sinfulness disobedience, fighting against the Lord of Honor with your uncovering and shameless adornment. My sister, you should race to obedience along with those others who race to answer the call of Allah tabaraka wa ta’ala: Race with one another in hastening towards forgiveness from your Lord and Paradise the width whereof is as the width of the heavens and the earth. [Soorah Al-Hadeed 57:21] Sister, don’t forget Allah or He will forget you by turning His mercy away from you in this life and the next. You are forgetting your own soul by not fulfilling the right of your soul to obey Allah and proper worship of Him. Allah stated about the hypocrites (Al-Munafiqoon): And be not like those who forgot Allah and He caused them to forget their own selves.[Soorah Al-Hashr 59:19] My sister wear the hijab in your young age in opposition to the sinful deed because Allah is intense in punishment and will ask you on the Day of Resurrection about your youth and every moment of your life. In summary: Stop presuming some future expectation in your life will indeed occur!! How can you guarantee your own life until tomorrow?
* 10. I’m afraid that if I wear Islamic clothing that I’ll be labelled as belonging to some group or another and I hate partisanship… My sisters in Islam, there are only two parties in Islam, and they are both mentioned by Allah Almighty in His Noble Book. The first party is the party of Allah (hizbullah) that He gives victory to because of their obedience to His commands and staying away from what He has forbidden. The second party is the party of the accursed Shaitan (hizbush-Shaitan) which disobeys the Most Merciful and increase corruption in the earth. When you hold tight to and adhere to the commands of Allah, and among them is wearing the hijab – you then become a part of the successful party of Allah. When you beautify and display your charms you are riding in the boat of Shaitan and his friends and partners from among the hypocrites and the disbelievers and none worse could there be as friends. Don’t you see how you are running from Allah and to the Shaitan, trading filth for good? Run instead my sister to Allah and follow His way: So flee to Allah (from His Torment to His mercy). Verily I (Muhammad) am a plain Warner to you from Him.[Soorah Adh-Dhariyat 51:50] The hijab is a high form of worship that is not subject to the opinions of people and their orientations and choices because the one who legislated it is the Most Wise Creator. In summary: In the way of seeking the pleasure of Allah and in hope of His Mercy and success in His Jannah and throw the statements of the devils among people and jinn against the wall! Hold tight to the legislation of Allah by your molars and follow the example of the striving and knowledgeable Mothers of the Believers and the female companions (radiallahu ‘anhum ajma’een).
* * Conclusion Your body is on display in the market of Shaitan seducing the hearts of men. The hairstyles, the tight clothing showing every detail of your figure, the short dresses showing off your legs and feet, the showy, decorative and fragrant clothing all angers the Merciful and pleases the Shaitan. Every day that passes while you are in this condition, distances you further from Allah and brings you closer to Shaitan. Every day brings you closer to the grave and the Angel of Death is ready to capture your soul. Every soul shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Hellfire and admitted to Al-Jannah, is indeed successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing) [Soorah Ale ‘Imran 3:185]
Sisters! As regards Hijab its the commandment of our Lord Allah! ALLAH will NEVER disappoint you! Act today as we never know if we”ll have a tomorrow to fulfil this command of our ALLAH!